Thursday, April 22, 2010

No news is no news.

No further word from the preferred bachelor, #3. Damn him.

I get little emails all the time from "New Guy 2.0." We haven't managed to find a time to go out again, but I figure I should give him a chance. He at least cares enough to forward jokes, and tell me he's thinking about me. And, truthfully, if our next date doesn't come immediately after a weekend reunion with an old friend with whom I truly do "click," maybe it won't pale so in comparison. (I may have left that part out. I had a great time with a guy I hadn't seen in 15 years, and then met NG2.0 the very next night. It may have colored my judgment.)

I'm told I should have shared more of the details of the date with Bachelor #2, the possibly Asperger's guy, so here are a couple.

Imagine his responses in something of a monotone, with not much blinking.

We're talking about pets. Me: "Do you have any pets?" Him: "I have stuffed animals."

He was a little late for for our date. (He lives in a adjacent suburb.) Him: "I'm not sure why I was late--I allotted 42 minutes."

See what I mean?

I got a message yesterday from a guy on one of the dating sites, insisting that he found my profile "fascinating" and simply must get to know me. I replied with a form of my now-usual go-to question: do you think Sarah Palin would be an excellent choice for leader of the free world? (Apologizing for my abruptness, but explaining I don't like to waste time with someone I feel certain won't truly "get" me. Life's too short, right?) Not only did he not answer, but both his original email and my response have completely disappeared from my inbox. It's like he never existed. Maybe I made him up. Heh.

Then there was this guy from yet another site who popped up in my daily "quiver." You are presented with three guys, asked to rate them, and if you rate them highly, they'll notify the guy. The guy seemed really interesting. He was in his late 30s, so...a little younger than me, but pretty much the same age as Hot Med, and I gave him a good rating.

Today he was still in my "quiver," and I noticed his "about me" paragraph has changed a bit. He added a bit to "clarify" that, though he is in his late 30s, he looks much younger, and really isn't looking for anyone older than mid 20s - mid 30s. Harsh! I didn't even send him a message--just clicked the "4 stars" button. Calm down, dude. The cougars aren't coming for you.

I will not call Hot Med because I'm bored...I will not call Hot Med because I'm bored...I will not call Hot Med because I'm bored...

6 comments:

shelleycoughlin said...

The idea of you dating a Sarah Palin fan is pretty awful. I'm glad you get it out of the way right off the bat.

I had someone email me the other day saying he was looking for his "sole mate". Yeah. You might want to go to a cobbler for that, buddy.

stinkypaw said...

Must resist temptation, please. Go get some more dark chocolate if you have to.

Unknown said...

i can't help it. the stuffed animals thing is too funny.

thank goodness you have rehearsal to keep you busy right now.

lizgwiz said...

I had another date last night with NG2.0. We had a good time. Still undecided on long term possibilities--guy's got a bit of baggage. But then, don't we all?

Also have the phone number of a potential Bachelor #5. Keepin' busy...

Anonymous said...

Do you think he allotted 42 minutes because he's a Hitchhiker fan? Because that would be completely awesome!

And NPW's comment about the sole mate made me chuckle.

Cook said...

Day 13 Learn to switch from your open G chord and your D chord. Today you need to practice switching between your open G chord and your open D chord, like we did with the G and C chords. The F Minor chord can be tough if you haven't built up your finger strength yet. Just keeping all of the strings fretted with your index finger can be difficult at first. Try starting with just your index finger and then add your ring finger when you are comfortable holding down all three notes. dean guitars uk esteban guitars for sale acoustic guitar guitar hero world tour xbox 360 waylon jennings guitar cover