Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I'm not dead.

In case you were wondering. Just had the blog-blahs, I guess. That, and not much was happening that I felt compelled to blog about.

So, let's see...when we last saw our heroine she was bemoaning the possibility of a white Christmas. How'd that work out for her?

We got a blizzard on Christmas Eve. No hyperbole here, an honest-to-God blizzard. So, Christmas was effectively canceled for those of us who live alone. No Christmas Eve service, no singing of Christmas carols, no Christmas dinner with family or friends, no opening of gifts...it sucked. Moving on...

New Year's was better. Though the Eve itself wasn't great, as my out-of-town friends were a bit delayed in arriving. So we blew off our evening plans and started in with the fun on New Year's Day instead. All was well.

I actually had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day, for the first time in a long time. It was...not so exciting as one might hope. Moving on...

Let's see...started rehearsals for a play in January. The same play I started rehearsals for the previous January. (Longtime readers may remember that it was postponed, due to the new theater building not being ready.) This time there were a few more bumps in the road (cast member broke her ankle, was replaced, replacement tore her rotator cuff, did the show anyway like the trouper she is, we got another freak snowstorm on the first weekend of Spring and lost a sizable chunk of our audience to fear of driving in snow), but we did the show in March and it was great. Much, much fun. I got to yell and throw things, which was great fun, neither being things I do in real life. (I particularly don't throw books and plants--heaven forbid!)

Auditioned for another play, currently in rehearsals, goes up in May. I only have a small part, but I get a musical number--and that's always good. This is a relatively new theatre company, and it's always good to expand your theatrical horizons, right?

Somewhere in there, Hot Med and I started drifting apart. He was working all nights, I work all days...he did his weird "I'm either depressed or bored or homesick, therefore I will stop returning your calls" thing again, and this time I was not compelled to go track him down, let him make a lame excuse about a broken/lost phone, and get back on with things, so...it's done. He needs to do a little growing up. We made it 11 months, almost to the day, and that's really longer than I would have predicted, so...moving on.

I've been "communicating" with a variety of men from different dating websites, and have actually been on dates with three of them. One I liked okay, but he's super-busy and reminds me a lot of old New Guy, and I haven't really decided whether to continue things or not. I had two dates in one day this past weekend (I know!), and found the first of them a little...odd. Nice enough guy, but not much of a sense of humor, and he took everything I said a bit too literally. Maybe a hint of Asperger's? I don't know. The second one I like a LOT, but I'm not sure he's quite so crazy about me. We had a great time, laughing, talking, finishing each other's sentences, he walked me inside, hugged and kissed me good-night (on the lips, no tongue), we both said enthusiastic "let's do this again" things...then the next time I talked to him, he said similar things, but with some qualifiers. You know..."MAYBE we can do it again, SOME TIME, POSSIBLY." Emphasis mine, but...I can read between the lines. (And, in all honesty, I must admit, I used some of those same phrases when parting with the possibly Asperger's guy. Of course, I didn't mix my signals with a hug or a kiss. Ahem.) So...I would be thrilled if we actually see each other again, but I'm not holding my breath. Then last night I had a fairly lengthy phone conversation with yet another guy, and this one laughed riotously at nearly everything I said. I think he was a little nervous--I mean, I'm funny, but I'm not THAT funny--but all in all, it was a pleasant conversation, and I think I wouldn't mind meeting him for a drink. I think it's important to keep busy, on the social life front, so I'm not tempted to call up the swarthy boy, you know? Heh.

Other than that, life's just been keeping on keeping on. I may be buying a new car soon--by which I merely mean less than 15 years old--because my old car needs some front end work, and I think I might have reached my limit on how much more I want to spend on it. We'll see how that goes.

Now, you're all caught up. Wasn't that worth waiting for?

5 comments:

stinkypaw said...

It was worth it, happy to see you back, here. Good luck with the car, but no matter waht (or how much), shopping for something new is always fun! Enjoy!

Stefanie said...

Oh my goodness; you are back! Does that mean I need to stop neglecting my blog, too? Then again, my last post was nearly a month after YOUR last post, so maybe I have a few weeks yet. ;-)

Sorry about you and Hot Med. Or maybe I'm not. Are you sorry? It sounds like you're probably not, so I guess I'm just glad you're at peace with it. Eleven months is a good run! I haven't made it that long in a LONG, long time.

flurrious said...

Sorry to hear about Hot Med, but he seemed a little high maintenance, so maybe it's for the best. And good for you for jumping back in the pool or getting back on the horse or however you want to put it. I wouldn't rule out Bachelor #2 yet; he might just be confused. You know how men are.

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's always worth waiting for you, Liz, you amuse and educate and entertain all in one!

Brandy said...

It was worth it, happy to see you back, here. Good luck with the car, but no matter waht (or how much), shopping for something new is always fun! Enjoy!