Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas...

Seriously. This is not a part of the country where we often get snow on Christmas. (We're more likely to get ice, actually.) So, it's not exactly a cherished, long-standing tradition. So, why, why, WHY do perfectly rational adults get all misty-eyed and dreamy about the thought of a "white Christmas"?

Here's what a white Christmas in this part of the country actually entails: people getting stranded in airports trying to get to their loved ones, people getting stranded on roadways trying to get to their loved ones (and worst case scenario, dying in accidents on those roadways), people giving up and staying home instead of trying to be with their loved ones, Christmas Eve church services cancelled--and all for a little bit of white stuff on the ground for a day or two? It never sticks around long here, and it's supposed to be be sunny again over the weekend, so...why is this something to long for, again?

It just strikes me as immensely selfish to WISH for that, just because YOU'RE tucked securely inside with YOUR loved ones. What about the rest of us? You want "White Christmas," watch a movie!

Grrrr...

10 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

Wow....two posts from you in less than a week? Now you're showing me up and I need to get on the ball.

I never wish for a white Christmas either. The entire city of Atlanta shuts down if we get a dusting.

flurrious said...

That's the spirit!

We were snowed in last Christmas, and it was one of my favorite holidays in ages because I didn't have to cook. Well, I had to cook, just not for a bunch of people. My guests are set to arrive in less than six hours, which is why I'm sitting here reading blogs.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Since I live in Minnesota, we get a White Christmas regardless of if I want it or not. So I totally get what you are saying here. That is selfish. We had a horrible storm here and a lot of people I know ended up having to cancel their plans.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

彩虹av幸福dvdav小弟弟dvd寫真集美女dvd成人頻道av女優成人線上av成人av下載成人av電話下載成人av線上成人av情色成人光碟情色光碟av性感av女優性感av免費看後宮av成人短片下載區做愛動作做愛感覺做愛亂倫做愛舒服做愛絲襪做愛絕招做愛無碼做愛無名小站做愛無名做愛援交做愛幾次做愛聊天做愛情色文字做愛動漫做愛時陰道啥感覺香港成人聊天室觀賞色情片觀賞男女色情狂觀賞男女色情觀看成人動畫觀看情色小說馬子貼圖網馬子視訊親密做愛自拍親吻裸睡照片親吻自拍香港援交友香港成人貼片香港成人論壇視訓

Stefanie said...

December 23, Liz? December 23 is your latest post?? Here I was thinking I'd better pop over and catch up on whatever I've missed while I've been a lazy blog reader lately, and it turns out I've missed nothing! ;-) Hope all is well.

Also, that sort of mixed compliment comment from Anonymous you've got there? I got the EXACT SAME COMMENT on my blog. Here I was all flattered someone thought my blog kept getting better and better, but apparently he or she was confusing me with you. Sigh.

Sauntering Soul said...

I came by to see if you've updated (ahem) but instead I got some great investing advice!

I'm going to hurry up and go to theinvestblog.com so I can give $500 of my hard earned money to a possible ponzy [sic] scheme and hopefully I'll be one of those rare people who actually earn 2%! I wish I knew who wrote this awesome comment so I could hire them to be my marketer for some future business I might some day have. Wait a minute.....if I make enough off the "ponzy" scheme, maybe I WOULD have enough money to start my own business. This is so exciting!!!!

flurrious said...

hello! This is very good blog! I am liking this blog muchly and will defiantly return! I hope you will visit my blog to learn of more investment advise. I have a new program, not like Ponzie scheme but better: Fonzie scheme! I started out with only can of beans and Wildroot hair oil, but now I have motorcycle and live over a garage. Aaaaaayyyyy! (Please don't sit on it.)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

flurrious said...

Hey, Anonymous said the exact same thing to me! I'm beginning to doubt his sincerity.