Thursday, October 25, 2007

Someone must have seen me working the Crunch Salsa Dance Party video, right?

That's why they signed me up for a year-long subscription to "Latina" magazine, I reckon.

Seriously, who signed up me, the pastiest white girl around, for a year-long subscription to "Latina" magazine?

Not that I haven't enjoyed the interviews with Judy Reyes (love her! love "Scrubs"!) and Eva Mendes (eh, she's okay, I guess), and the tips on how to make the most of my Latina curves and wavy hair, but...HUH?

At first I thought they were just sending sample issues to households in zip codes with high Hispanic populations, which mine certainly would be. Then I got another issue, and noticed it's not addressed to "occupant," or even to "Elizabeth," which is how I'd be known on any purchased mailing list. No, it's addressed to "Liz," and it's a full-year paid subscription.

So, uh....thanks?

Could you pony up for some "People" or "Entertainment Weekly" while you're at it?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some maracas to shake. (Hey, God wouldn't have given 'em to me if he didn't want me to SHAAAKE 'EMMM!!!)

9 comments:

3carnations said...

Why do I get the feeling that a blogger will end up confessing in the comments to giving you a surprise...Although why Latina magazine, I'm not sure.

Oh well. Enjoy.

stinkypaw said...

Shake your maracas while working the crunch salsa!

You have a secret admirer! Hee.

Paisley said...

That's totally bizarre. Well, I guess you MUST shake 'em, then!

I haven't received my Fitness mag for three months... Opposite of you! I'm trying to figure out where it's going. If you get one, let me know.

;)

Did you find your cookies?

Anonymous said...

Hee! My dad once subscribed my grandpa to "Jet" magazine, since my grandpa was a bigot - but I'm guessing you probably don't have a problem with Latinas, though. :D

Whiskeymarie said...

I have gone so far as to subscribe people (for varying reasons) to funny/inappropriate magazines, but this time it wasn't me.
And, if the "People" fairy lands at your place, make sure to send them my way too.
Thank you very much.

Unknown said...

i send you US but alas, i can barely afford it myself.

so tell me, did you learn any awesome make-up tips?

L Sass said...

Subscribing someone to an inappropriate magazine has never occurred to me!! I've got to try this.

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord, I totally get that magazine too... AT SCHOOL! It must be linked to some other subscription??? I feel bad throwing it away, but seriously: what am I supposed to do with 15 articles about J. Lo?

Stefanie said...

I actually wish I could claim responsibility for that, but alas, I cannot. At least no one subscribed you to "Wound Care Monthly," which, no lie, is a REAL MAGAZINE that my sister used to get for work. I think that would have been my first clue that it was time for another line of work.