Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Quick update

In the ever-popular bullet point form:

  • The arm is nearly healed. You can barely see the red blotch now. Yay, antibiotics! (Boo, what antibiotics can do to your digestive system.)
  • Steve, the sweet tuxedo kitty I was hoping to get into an adoption program tested positive initially for both FIV and Feline Leukemia. We're doing a more sophisticated test, but it's not looking good for Steve. I am greatly saddened.
  • Things with New Guy continue on much as before. (We don't necessarily see each other every night, but at least every other night. And we talk on the phone every day. You know, in case you needed more detail. Heh.)
  • One of my cat lady friends has cancer, and began chemo this week. She's been ordered not to go near cat boxes for the next 2-3 months, so we've organized a litterbox brigade to scoop for her twice a day. The first couple of days of radiation/chemo have not gone all that well--she's having some clotting issues. She's in the hospital, and you should all send good wishes/prayers her way.
  • I've been very diligent with my yoga video, but haven't been quite so good with the cardio this week. Must address that!
  • Why is it that when you have a fully-stocked refrigerator/freezer/pantry and only a paltry amount of money in your checking account until payday, ALL you want to do is eat out/get take-out? Why? I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD AT HOME! (I wasn't yelling at you, I was yelling at my stomach.)
  • I think I love "Pushing Daisies." I apologize now to anyone else who loves it, as my love generally nets a quirky show a quick cancellation. (No, I will NEVER get over "Arrested Development.")
  • I had a box of goodies in the mail yesterday from Canada. Stinkypaw rocks!

10 comments:

Stefanie said...

I have had the same thought about "Pushing Daisies." It's just smart and quirky enough that it's likely going to get axed within two weeks. It reminds me a bit of "Wonderfalls," and that show met a similar fate. Thankfully, at least they released a full season (that never aired) on DVD later. If "Pushing Daisies" goes away, maybe we'll at least get that.

3carnations said...

Surprises in the mail, from Canada no less. How nice. :)

I hope things improve for your friend. How awesome are you guys to arrange litter box scooping for her - Twice a day. Wow. We only do it once a day in our own home.

Paisley said...

I'm going to have to catch that one. I have been vastly disappointed with the '07 - '08 season thus far. :(

Glad the arm is healing!

I am so sad for Steve! My parents cat had FIV - he was an adopted stray - and we think he got it the night they took him in. A kitten he was, and got in a fight with the neighborhood bully, he did. Five years later it showed up and he lived for another five, but was skin and bones and looked frightful.

L Sass said...

I need to watch Pushing Daisies!! I missed the premiere, but have been looking for it on iTunes and on the ABC website. Still no luck, but I hope I'll persevere.

stinkypaw said...

Sorry to read about your lady friend, but at least she's not alone but with loving friends. Sending her good thoughts.

We have the pilot of "Pushing Daisy", I'll give it a try.

Happy you enjoyed the Canadian goodies! It was my pleasure, the things I'd do for a "blend"! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to watch Pushing Daisies last night, but my friends wanted to watch America's Next Top Model instead. Note to self: find quirkier friends in the Hudson Valley.

lizgwiz said...

stef, I'm really hoping that American bucks the trend and gives it a chance. I just love the whole whimsical, vividly-colored aspect of it.

3car, yeah, I'm a once-a-day scooper myself. But this woman does have LOTS of cats. Even more than me!

paisley, FIV sucks indeed. It's so sneaky. You should definitely check out "Pushing Daisies." It's the only new show I've really been drawn to.

lsass, watch it, watch it! It's quirky and fun.

stinkypaw, my friend and I appreciate the good thoughts. And I appreciate the Canadian goodies!

noelle, not that I don't appreciate the camp value of ANTM, but I'll take smart and quirky over campy most days. ;)

Mary said...

I love "Pushing Daisies", too! It's like "Amelie" & "Big Fish", wrapped up with a little who-done-it action. Love! As for ANTM, I can catch it on-line if I have to, but it doesn't bring a smile to my fact the way PD does.

(Stephanie, I read somewhere that the people who made "Wonderfalls" are connected to "Pushing Daisies". I can't remember how, though.)

Here are some (((((((hugs for your friend with cancer)))))))). It's very sweet that you're all offering to help with the cat litter. The world needs more thoughtful people like that. :)

Sorry to hear about Steve. I love tuxedo cats dearly. They always seem to have such sweet dispositions.

shelleycoughlin said...

Uh oh. Is Pushing Daisies as good as Arrested Development?! And I'm missing it?!

Unknown said...

i like pushing daisies as well but you have support a "homey" as a matter of principle.